Re: phoneme recognition and stimulus length

Dear Laszlo,
I dont know if this is what you are getting at, but have you looked at the
paper by Sadaoki Furui "On the role of spectral transitions for speech perception."
JASA, Oct. 1986, page 1016+
Jont

--
Jont B. Allen
AT&T Labs-Research, Shannon Laboratory, E161