Re: Why the music is music and the noise is noise?

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Bob Masta wrote:

> I'm not sure exactly what is desired here, but if you use
> a random sequence to select musical notes from the normal
> 12-tone (piano) scale, it will sound absolutely dreadful.
What happens if the random sequence is not "white" but "pink"?
Does that make any difference in the sound?

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl@inf.u-szeged.hu            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *