Re: wav files of instrument sounds

Christian,

You will find instrument samples at http://theremin.music.uiowa.edu/
(U. of Iowa Electronic Music Studios home page). These are free.
IRCAM (Paris, France) has a greater variety of samples that you can
pay for.

"Equalized in perceived duration, perceived loudness, perceived pitch"
is a "tall order". I think you will have to do your own such
equalization.

Jim Beauchamp