Re: Program to modify RMS levels

I've been using Sonic Foundry's SoundForge v. 5.0 in Windows. It will modify
the intensity of a .wav file or subset thereof based to an average RMS that
you specify. You can find it in the "normalize" menu item.

On the minus side, SoundForge isn't scriptable (to my knowledge). In fact
I've been looking for an alternative. A Matlab routine would be better - if
anyone has such a thing I'd be interested in hearing about it.

-Marc-

--
Marc Joanisse, Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology