Re: threshold/masking data

At 16:55 16/08/2001 +0100, you wrote:
Hi,

does anybody out there have any pure-tone threshold and simultaneous
masking data for normal hearing listeners aged from 13 to 40 or
thereabouts.  We're interested in how closely these two scores correlate if
at all.
We showed positive correlations at 0.5 and 2.0 kHz but not at 4.0 kHz.

See
Patterson, R.D., Nimmo-Smith, I., Weber, D.L., and Milroy, R. (1982).  The
deterioration of hearing with age:  Frequency selectivity, the critical
ratio, the audiogram, and speech threshold.  J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 72,
1788-1803.

There is a table of correlations on page 1794.

Cheers Roy P

Roy D. Patterson
Centre for the Neural Basis of Hearing
Physiology Department, University of Cambridge
Downing Street, Cambridge, CB2 3EG

phone   44 (1223) 333819        office
phone   44 (1223) 333837        lab
fax     44 (1223) 333840        department
email   rdp1@cam.ac.uk
  or
email   roy.patterson@mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/personal/roy.patterson/