Re: Speech intelligibility and spatial information

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Qiang Fu wrote:

> We would like to close our eyes when we are trying to
> "concentrate", which helps us listen carefully.

Yes, this is exactly my thinking. But Mr. Bregman said just the opposite,
(he prefers looking at the [supposed] source), that's why I wonder whether
there is difference between concentrating on music and concentrating on
speech...

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl@inf.u-szeged.hu            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *