Re: Speech intelligibility and spatial information

In fact, I broke my hand and several fingers a number of years ago.  I had more
difficulty telling where the keys were but I found that, at least for tuning
(pain aside), that motor control of the arm, wrist, shoulder, and hand were far
more important than what I could feel with that hand.  I found that the
kinesthetics were far more important.  I also had the same result with some
temporary nerve damage to the hand and fingers.  I t was nearly impossible for
me to do may repairs and I had difficulty in quickly locating specific strings
and their associated tuning pins as well as in easily locating specific keys but
my tuning ability in itself seemed pretty much unimpaired so long as I could
grip the tuning hammer.

Tom

Tom Brennan, CCC-A/SLP, RHD
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html