Re: Standardization

Christian Kaernbach wrote:

> I remember vaguely that years ago on this list there has been mentioning
> of "official" definitions of terminology, be it loudness, pitch,
> perception, sensation, ...
> My question today is: Who did it? Which organization was/is trying to
> establish a standard terminology? Can these definitions be found in the
> internet?

Dear Christian

Loudness has been defined for years by ISO in ISO 31-7, ISO 226 and ISO 532.
I am not sure if some of the other terms might be in ISO 31-7 - I know they
are not in the two others. And I think ISO 31 is going to be replaced by ISO
8000, which might have something, too.

Henrik Møller

Henrik Møller
Professor, Head of Department