sad news

It is with great sadness that I report the death of one of my best friends
Earleen Elkins on Saturday, Jan. 26, in Florida. As most of you know,
Earleen made enormous contributions to our field, which I will not try to
summarize here. For many of you, including me, Earleen was a powerful
career influence. To some, she was also a dear friend. We will miss her
terribly. I have spoken with her husband Jim and he has informed me that
there will be no funeral. Other than that, I have no more details to share
at this time. I will post additional information if I can.

Fred