maximum tatum (one tatum, two tata)

Actually, just to be picky, 8-10 Hz correspond to 100 to 125 ms per tone,
which is far below the Tatum speed. But here is a simple experiment
everybody with a piano, even without any training, could run as a
demonstration: put your right median finger with the nail pointing
downwoard (i..e., on the key), hold it firm, and sweep it in a single
gesture to the very top. I bet, after the third glissando try (after the
fourth you
need a band-aid), you will convince yourself that you have swept over the
50 white keys in less that one second. If you are brave, you can do it in
1/2 sec easily. Now ask yourself: " was there any note that you did not
hear? " Here, a little ear training would help but, since you will be, at
least most of you, hardcore psychoacousticians with a few thousand hours
of experience in a soundproof booth with earphones on and a keyboard in
front of you, I am certain that you could assertively say "no". That means
that you are able to hear at least 25-ms and possibly 12.5-ms intervals
between consecutive piano tones.

Pianistically yours,

Pierre