Musical intelligibility

Hello List,
I am undertaking some research concerning image localisation and definition/ discrimination/ identification of instruments in recorded material within a multi-channel (loudspaker) environment.
I have used voice as test test material, and can use standard intelligibilty tests such as %ALCONS as an objective measure for speech "definition", and wondered if there has been any work on objective measurement of *musical* inteligibility, eg reaction times for ID of a piece, or transcription of the material. Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
John