Music and Mental Imagery

I was hoping someone might help me locate some research regarding
auditory-visual relationships in mental imagery. In particular I would
like to locate any research describing relationships between music and
(visual) mental imagery. The following statements are apparently based
on research of an origin which is now unknown to the authors, but which
apparently does exist.

-------
From:
http://www.music-cog.ohio-state.edu/Music838/exam_questions_answers.html#Cognition

2.About what proportion of people report seeing or imagining visual
images while listening to music?

About 50 percent.

3.Does musical training tend to increase or decrease the amount of
visual imagery experienced by a listener?

Decreases visualization.
-------

If anybody can suggest the source of these statements I would be most
grateful.

Cheers

Andrew D Lyons | Time Space Texture | http://www.tstex.com