Re: Brightness

I can't explain the relationship between aural and visual brightness
with any certainty, however I can point you at research which addresses
the matter:

Marks, L. E. 1978. The Unity of the Senses: Interrelations among the
Modalities. New York: Academic Press.

I've extracted some tables from the book for inclusion in a paper of my
own on the subject:

http://www.vislab.usyd.edu.au/user/alyons/synaesthesia.htm

Cheers

Andrew D Lyons | Time Space Texture | http://www.tstex.com