[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Announcement - Auditory Perception Toolbox v1.0 release
- To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Announcement - Auditory Perception Toolbox v1.0 release
- From: "Kim, Doh-Suk (DS)" <dsk@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:25:05 -0400
- Comments: To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Delivery-date: Tue Jul 16 11:40:18 2002
- Reply-to: "Kim, Doh-Suk (DS)" <dsk@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I tried to download it but failed. Download buttons directed me to the screen, which indicates the page is missing.
From: Rua Haszard Morris [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 1:35 AM
Subject: Announcement - Auditory Perception Toolbox v1.0 release
[Apologies for any multiple postings]
MARCS Auditory Laboratories are pleased to announce the release of the
Auditory Perception Toolbox for MATLAB.
The Auditory Perception Toolbox, or APT, is an innovative and flexible
experimental environment for the coding, description, analysis,
manipulation, and generation of sound.
It is based on two lacunae in current speech science and
(i) the lack of an integrated computing environment and file structure that
is focused on perceptual parameters of sound (as opposed to purely physical
parameters of sound); and
(ii) the lack of a comprehensive and integrated set of tools for the
manipulation and transmutation (morphing) of sounds based on perceptual
The Auditory Perception Toolbox meets those needs with the following
· A flexible file format that allows for the representation and manipulation
of various time-based perceptual parameters.
· Functionality to extract perceptual and physical parameters of sound.
· Functionality to synthesise audio to specified perceptual and physical
In addition, the system is designed as an extensible framework so that novel
algorithms and perceptual parameters can be easily added to the system. It
is our aim to create a standardised environment to facilitate research
collaboration in the domain of acoustics, speech science and auditory
Please feel free to download APT from http://www.uws.edu.au/marcs/apt/.
Any comments, feature requests or bugs can be sent to email@example.com.
Please feel free to forward this announcement to other interested parties
and/or email lists.
Rua Haszard Morris
Research Assistant & Software Engineer
MARCS Auditory Laboratories.
Auditory Perception Toolbox
MARCS Auditory Laboratories