Re: Pitch orientation-discriminating feature detectors?

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Bret Aarden wrote:

> I recently heard a talk by Shihab Shamma on the work his lab at the
> University of Maryland has been doing with ferrets. They found
> primary auditory cortex cells with preferential response to various
> frequency change rates and directions, and various bandwidths.

The original question was about a cell that tracks pitch. Are you sure
Shamma was talking about pitch, and not about spectral envelope...?

                                                Didier

--
Didier A Depireux         ddepi001@umaryland.edu  didier@isr.umd.edu
685 W.Baltimore Str      http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm