Modulation as grouping characteristic

Dear List,

I am looking at the possible use of FM and AM to distinguish between
components in a multi-source complex tone, particularly musical signals.
This seems to have been looked at in the early 1990s (Vercoe, McAdams,
Ellis, among others), but I have been unable to find many more recent (say,
post-1997) publications.
If anyone knows of work in this area, I would appreciate it if you would
email me directly with details of the references. If anyone else would like
the information, I will gladly collate and distribute the information I
have/receive.

Thank you very much,
Marguerite Smith