Re: The Bach Choral Dilemma

I'd recommend - very highly - Yo-Yo Ma's recording of the six Cello
Suites, CBS Masterworks.

Diana Deutsch

My wife has a recording of the cello suites by Morten Zeuter, a Danish
cellist, in which he pauses slightly before and after every bass note
and thereby destroys the streaming effect. I have always been annoyed by
that performance (I even think it got a Danish music award). Is there a
recommended recording of the cello suites?

Best regards.
Sigurd Saue

 Among the most beautiful and perceptually convincing examples of
 melodic streaming certainly figure JS Bach's  suites for solo cello
 and sonatas & partita's for solo violin.

 Piet G. Vos