Re: The Bach Choral Dilemma

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Diana Deutsch wrote:

> >My wife has a recording of the cello suites by Morten Zeuter, a Danish
> >cellist, in which he pauses slightly before and after every bass note
> >and thereby destroys the streaming effect. I have always been annoyed by
> >that performance (I even think it got a Danish music award).

Excuse my ignorance, but if performance can cause such a huge difference,
then shouldn't it be denoted somehow in the music sheet?

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl@inf.u-szeged.hu            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *