temporal processing

I am a post-grad researcher working in the field of crossmodal
interactions. Our lab is on reasonably sure ground with visual
stimuli but a bit more ropey when it comes to the auditory stimuli...

I have been searching for literature on the effects of the temporal
structure of aduitory stimuli (gaussian white noise in our case) on
temporal localization. It seems intuitive that if a sound stimuli's
amplitude rises and falls in a gaussian envelope then increasing
sigma (but keeping peak amplitude constant) would reduce the slaience
of the peak (increasing the temporal spread) and make it harder to
position in time.

All the literature I can find seems to be on duration
discrimination/gap detection rather than say, a temporal bisection
paradigm.

If anyone knows of any work in this area references would be greatly
appreciated. I appreciate this is the type of email that might draw a
"go find a library" type response but so far the library/ISI has let
me down. I can't believe this hasn't been done before and it sound
very basic.

Thanks,

James.
--