Re: Listening Tests

A good source to begin with is the ITU-R recommendation BS.1116 - This
standard was developed for listening tests on low bit-rate codecs with
small impairments. I don't know what type and magnitude of impairments you
are planning to examine but if they are larger there is another ITU-R
standard (not accepted yet) for that: BS.[DOC.6/106(rev.1)-E](1534)

You can obtain these docs at the ITU web page

Hope this helps

Best from

                      Lawrence Miranda
                      <lawrence.miranda        To:       AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA
                      @UP.EDU.PH>              cc:
                      Sent by: AUDITORY        Subject:  Listening Tests
                      Research in

                      26-02-2003 03:28
                      Please respond to
                      Lawrence Miranda

Dear List,
What are the proper/most accurate listening tests to test the audibility of
a watermaked audio signal? I would greatly appreciate any links to
resources/papers/tutorials/matlab codes for gui/source codes  to conduct
listening tests.