Gordon Research Conference

Dear Auditory List Members:

I am posting the following message on the behalf of Bruno Olshausen.

---------------------------
  Gordon Research Conference:
  ---------------------------

            "Sensory coding and the natural environment"

                       September 5-10, 2004
                 The Queen's College, Oxford, UK

                      Bruno Olshausen, Chair
             Jack Gallant & Mike Lewicki, Vice-chairs

  This conference will bring together researchers from diverse
  disciplines to discuss the statistical structure of natural scenes,
  and how nervous systems exploit these statistics to form useful
  representations of the environment.  Topics include sensory
  neurophysiology, perceptual psychology, and the mathematics of
  signal statistics, applied to a variety of sensory modalities and
  organisms.  A list of speakers as well as instructions on how to
  apply are available at

      http://www.grc.org/programs/2004/senscod.htm

  Applications will be reviewed in April, at which point accepted
  applicants may register.  All participants will have the opportunity
  to present their work in poster sessions.  We hope to have funds
  available to subsize fees and travel for students and postdocs.