ICMPC8 reminder - conference program available online

Dear Colleagues:

I am writing to you at present to remind you that the 8th International Conference on Music Perception & Cognition (ICMPC8) will be hosted August 3-7, 2004 by the Northwestern University School of Music in Evanston, IL.  The "early registration" period ends on April 15th, so if you plan to join us - and I hope you will - I would recommend that you register prior to this date to take advantage of the reduced registration rate.  Detailed information about the conference is available at the ICMPC8 web site (http://www.northwestern.edu/icmpc/), including the conference program, accommodations, travel, banquet, and much more.

On behalf of the ICMPC8 Organizing Committee and all seven participating national societies, I invite you to join us this summer for a truly magnificent experience as leading scholars from around the world present results of their most recent research.

I look forward to seeing you this summer.

Sincerely,
Scott Lipscomb, ICMPC8 Conference Organizer

Dr. Scott D. Lipscomb, Associate Professor
Northwestern University School of Music
(847) 467-1682
lipscomb@northwestern.edu
complete contact info available at:
http://faculty-web.at.northwestern.edu/music/lipscomb/

Brief description:

ICMPC8 is the world conference on music psychology and related disciplines.  The focus of ICMPC8 is interdisciplinary discussion and dissemination of new, unpublished research relating to the field of music perception and cognition. The conference will have relevance for university and industry researchers and graduate students working in psychology, music theory and composition, psychophysics, music performance and education, music therapy and music medicine, neurophysiology, ethnomusicology, developmental psychology, linguistics, artificial intelligence, and computer technology.