Ear canal S bend geometry?

Hi,

I am training to become an audiologist ... the theory is no problem, but the practical side is a bit more difficult!

I am now having to learn how to take ear impressions ... but the geometry of the ear canal is defeating me.

It's supposed to be S shaped ... but how does this S shape oriented? Vertical? Horizontal? Tilted?

And where the heck are the "first bend" and the "second bend"?

Any help most welcome!

[I have searched the Web far and wide - but could not find SPECIFIC details on the ear canal route]

Thanks,

Richard

---