Re: absolute pitch -- gender differences

Thomas G Brennan wrote:
This absolute pitch issue is one I havn't really thought about but as a musician
and a piano tuner it has been my experience that far more females than males
have perfect pitch whereas the difference with absolute pitch is still in favor
of females but not quite to the same degree.  Interesting question.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html
I have some more questions about absolute pitch perception:
How "absolute" is absolute pitch perception? Is the perceptual affinity
equal over the full audible spectra? How do different timbral settings
effect absolute pitch perception?

Johan