Re: prenatal auditory localization PS

Another factor to consider is that the prenatal environment is
amniotic fluid, not air.  So presumably all the wavelengths
will be greatly shortened.  I'm not sure how this will affect
shadowing issues, but it would certainly affect phase issues.
Also, since the external sound must go through a tissue
interface before it even gets to the fluid, I'd guess that the
result would be a loss of localization information just from
that... sort of like a big piston driving a small hydraulic
coupler.

Just my initial off-the-cuff 2 cents' worth.  With more thought
I might get up to 2 bits!

Best regards,

Bob Masta

audioATdaqartaDOTcom