Dispensing digital aids to 60dB+ loss existing aid users?

Hi,

I have just opened a dispensing practice in the UK, having passed my dispensing exams.

All is going well ... except that I am failing to "convert" existing aid users with a fairly heavy loss.

They expect a major increase in speech discrimination from the latest top-end digital aids .... but 2 patients in the last week have
stuck to their old aids [one analogue, 1 digital] after a trial of a new aid. Any additional benefit has been so mild that they have
decided to save their money.

Is this a standard result? Should I assume that modern technology runs out of steam in such cases?

Or am I not being exact enough with the fittings?  [All my other fittings for lesser losses have gone very well]

regards,

Richard

---