Firewire 410 with AKG 420

Appologies for double posting. Apparently the message did not arrive properly. Here it is again:

Dear list

As part of a bigger experiment we'd like to record classically trained singers for later acoustic analysis. Regarding recording hardware we would like to use the M-Audio firewire 410 (for laptop recordings) with an AKG 420 head mounted microphone. I'm interested in you opinion regarding the suitability of the proposed hardware (e.g. microphone preamp quality) or, alternatively, in recommendations for other products.

Many thanks,

Boris

Boris Kleber (M.A., Psychology)
Institute of Medical Psychology and