Music Vibration Perception - Research on deaf and hearing sensation of music?

Hello all,

My masters research concerns the development a floor vibration system for
use in nightclub music entertainment. My research covers sensation within
music entertainment and sound therapy vibrotactile systems.

However - I have had difficulty finding anything substantial regarding the
significance of sound sensation in the experience of music for either
hearing or deaf people... anecdotal records but little research?

I am particularly interested in the development of vibrotactile systems,
such as the kind of filtering processes required for intelligible
reproduction of acoustic information as sensation. Or the kind of
information used in vibrotactile programs for deaf or deafblind people.

Also - differences between airborne sensation and direct vibration
sensation? I have yet to uncover any research in this area... and have
conducted tests with interesting but quite abstract results.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Eliot