Updated excitation-pattern program

Dear List Members,

Some of you may be interested in an up-dated version of our program for
calculating excitation patterns.  This is conceptually similar to the
program described in:

Glasberg, B.R. & Moore, B.C.J. 1990. Derivation of auditory filter shapes
from notched-noise data. Hear Res, 47, 103-138.

but is modified as described in:

Moore, B.C.J., Glasberg, B.R. & Baer, T. 1997. A model for the prediction
of thresholds, loudness and partial loudness. J Audio Eng Soc, 45, 224-240.

so as to include what we believe are better estimates of the transfer
function of the outer and middle ear.

The program, together with a readme file and example input files can be
downloaded from

Brian C. J. Moore, Ph.D, FMedSci, FRS,
Professor of Auditory Perception,
Department of Experimental Psychology,