From: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of beaucham
Sent: 02 April 2005 00:13
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AUDITORY] need MDS discussion

We are looking into doing a multidimensional scaling test
on a group of sounds and would like to read about the pros
and cons of using subject rating of the similarity of pairs
of sounds (e.g., on a 0 to 10 scale) vs. judging which of
two pairs presented in rapid succession is most similar.
Please let me know if you know of a reference which discusses
this point.

Jim Beauchamp
Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
jwbeauch@xxxxxxxx