[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: dB-100 Zwislocki coupler
- To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: dB-100 Zwislocki coupler
- From: "Freed, Dan" <DFreed@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:09:40 -0700
- Comments: To: Ben Hornsby <ben.hornsby@VANDERBILT.EDU>
- Delivery-date: Fri Jul 15 13:15:27 2005
- Reply-to: "Freed, Dan" <DFreed@xxxxxxx>
- Sender: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Thread-index: AcWJUP5+PK/Za5l+TBK0vj+EJ94yCQADRIQw
- Thread-topic: dB-100 Zwislocki coupler
Hi Ben --
You're in luck. We have an extra Zwislocki coupler canal extension that we can send you.
There's a cautionary tale here that's worth telling publicly. We used one of our Zwislocki couplers to shoot a KEMAR ear impression. This turned out to be a bad idea. The coupler has several side branches that contain delicate acoustic resistors, and the impression material gunked things up. As a result, the coupler's acoustic impedance has changed and the response is now measurably different from our other, clean Zwislocki couplers. We cannot repair or replace the bad coupler because Knowles no longer sells or services Zwislocki couplers. So that's why we have a spare canal extension for you. (The canal extension has no side branches, so it was not damaged by the impression material.)
Moral: don't shoot ear impressions with your Zwislocki coupler!
Senior Engineer, Hearing Aid Research Lab
House Ear Institute
2100 W. Third St.
Los Angeles, CA 90057 USA
From: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ben Hornsby
Sent: Fri, July 15, 2005 8:22 AM
Subject: dB-100 Zwislocki coupler
I'm looking for someone with the canal portion of a Knowles dB-100 Zwislocki
coupler (or the whole coupler if need be) that they would be willing to part
with. Anyone have an old one laying around? Feel free to respond off list.
Benjamin W.Y. Hornsby, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Department of Hearing and Speech Sciences
1215 21st Ave. South, Room 8310
Medical Center East, South Tower
Nashville, TN 37232-8242