Re: Integration of ITD information

I agree with David that the specific answer to your question appears in Dye, 1990.

For a good summary of the phenomenon and a very nice model, look at

Stern R. M., Zeiberg A. S., and Trahiotis, C. (1988) "Lateralization of complex binaural stimuli: A weighted-image model "J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 84, 156

A very clear equation for predicting how information is combined appears in

Buell, T.N and Hafter, E. R. (1991) "Combination of binaural information across frequency bands" J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 90, 1894

However, the most recent word on the subject of that equation appears in

Bernstein, L. R., and Trahiotis, C. (2004). "The apparent immunity of high-frequency
"transposed" stimuli to low-frequency binaural interference," J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 116, 3062

Erick Gallun
Post-doctoral Fellow
Hearing Research Center, Boston University