LIE DETECTION / VOCAL STRESS

Hi there,

I have recently been asked to assist a Masters student with their final project on lie detection using only a speech signal. I was wondering if anyone knows of a few good references to get us started. The main areas we will be looking into are "voice stress" and would really appretiate if anyone could gives us some references about what the actual signs of a "lie" are when considering only the characteristics of the voice and not the speech context, body movement etc..

Also, does anyone know of a data base of 'lies' upon which such a system could be used, as collecting data of actual lies where there is some consequence of being found out is rather difficult.

Thanx in advance for any help you can give us,

Mick