modeling nonlinear distortion in hearing aid receivers

Dear List,

I'm looking for references on modeling nonlinear distortion in hearing
aid receivers.  I'm interested in a model of receiver distortion that I
could incorporate into a Matlab/Simulink model of a hearing aid system.
I'm also interested in techniques for deriving such a model from
measurements of a particular receiver.

I'm aware of a literature that covers some of these issues for
loudspeakers.  While it's true that a hearing aid receiver is a very
tiny loudspeaker, I'm not sure how directly applicable the loudspeaker
literature is.  I would be very interested in work that specifically
focused on hearing aid receivers.

Thanks in advance --

Dan Freed
Senior Engineer, Hearing Aid Research Lab
House Ear Institute
2100 W. Third St.
Los Angeles, CA  90057  USA
Phone: +1-213-353-7084