Re: Perceptual experiments

Tarun,
I do not completely agree that you need to learn C++ to program
psychophysics experiments. More than 10 years ago we spent a lot of
time in developing a platform for psychophysical experiments without
the need to have the background of a programming engineer. A lot of
researchers without programming skills use it now (speech pathologist,
audiologists, psychologists, orthopedagogics, ...).
This approach is described in

?A flexible auditory research platform using acoustic or electric
stimuli for adults and 	young children?
J. Laneau, B. Boets, M. Moonen, A. van Wieringen, J. Wouters
Journal of Neuroscience Methods 142 (2004) 131-136

and based on the concept in

?A concept for a research tool for experiments with cochlear implant
users?
L. Geurts and J. Wouters
Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 108 (2000) 2949-2956

the software is free available (with some agreement)
You should not focus on writing software for running experiments, but
all focus should go to the stimuli you would like to use (and then
Matlab might be an excellent choice for preparing your stimuli)

Jan Wouters
ExpORL, Dept. Neurosciences
K.U.Leuven