repetition effects for speech-in-noise

Can anyone refer me to studies of the effects of repeating items when testing, for example, identification of words in noise or other degradations? I myself have seen someone do much better with noise-vocoded sentences because he had been in a study using the same material more than a year previously! There is a large, somewhat related literature concerning semantic and repetition priming, but that is not quite the task I am interested in.

Yours - Stuart

Stuart Rosen, PhD
Professor of Speech and Hearing Science
Dept of Phonetics & Linguistics
University College London
4 Stephenson Way
London NW1 2HE

Directions to Wolfson House (where I am based):

Tel:   (+ 44 [0]20) 7679 7404
Admin: (+ 44 [0]20) 7679 7401
Fax:   (+ 44 [0]20) 7679 5107

Email: stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx