Re: repetition effects for speech-in-noise

Hi,

Steve Goldinger (JEPLMC 1996) studied repetition using a task of word identification in noise (See also Church & Schacter (JEPLMC 1994).

Anectodally, we observed that people once exposed to very fast speech seem to retain an advange  days or months later (Mehler et al.,  Understanding compressed sentences: the role of rhythm and meaning. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 682:272-282, 1993. No sure we reported it.).

--
Christophe Pallier
www.pallier.org