Purchasing loudspeakers

Dear List Members,

        I would like your recommendations for buying a set of high fidelity loudspeakers. Ideally I would want 10-15 small speakers to be set up in a 360degree array around a seated listener.
        Any thoughts on the best low distortion, broadband capable loudspeakers?

Here is some more information that may guide your recommendations.
 - Frequencies will be 40 to 15000 Hz
 - Intensities will be 15 to 105 dB SPL
 - Played at a distance of 0.5 - 1 m in a sound booth
 - Smaller is better as they will be used in localization research
 - For use with a TDT system 3
 - Lower cost would be helpful

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mike Gordon