[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Audio Quality vs. Expectation
- To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Audio Quality vs. Expectation
- From: "Freed, Dan" <DFreed@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:56:37 -0800
- Comments: To: S.Zielinski@SURREY.AC.UK
- Delivery-date: Fri Mar 31 13:03:30 2006
- Reply-to: "Freed, Dan" <DFreed@xxxxxxx>
- Sender: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Thread-index: AcZUl4H+F9FVC7gnT1WNW3IgFF3b9gAUxL4g
- Thread-topic: Audio Quality vs. Expectation
Here's a paper showing that listeners' judgments of loudspeaker sound quality are influenced by knowledge about the price and size of the loudspeakers:
Toole, Floyd; Olive, Sean, "Hearing is Believing vs. Believing is Hearing: Blind vs. Sighted Listening Tests and Other Interesting Things", 97th Convention, Audio Eng. Soc., Preprint No. 3894 (1994 Nov.).
And here's another showing that in home theater systems, users' impressions of sound quality and their impressions of picture quality influence each other:
Woszczyk, Wieslaw; Bech, Søren; Hansen, Villy, "Interaction Between Audio-Visual Factors in a Home Theater System: Definition of Subjective Attributes", 99th Convention, Audio Eng. Soc., Preprint No. 4133 (1995 Sept.).
Senior Engineer, Hearing Aid Research Lab
House Ear Institute
2100 W. Third St.
Los Angeles, CA 90057 USA
From: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception [mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Slawek Zielinski
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 11:49 PM
Subject: Audio Quality vs. Expectation
I am looking for references showing how the results of audio quality
evaluation can be biased by different expectations of listeners.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Dr Slawek Zielinski, Lecturer
Department of Music and Sound Recording
University of Surrey
Guildford GU2 7XH, UK
tel: +44 (0)1483 686505
fax: +44 (0)1483 686501