From: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dermot Campbell
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 10:21 AM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Masking Models PEAQ (Spreading Functions Used)

Hello All,

I have a query about the PEAQ algorithm (BS.1387 ITU standard) that
someone may be able to help me with on here.

I'm trying to trace the origins of the masking models (spreading
functions that is), both frequency and time domain spreading, used in
PEAQ. Where did these masking models originate and was different
time/frequency spreading techniques tested? I'm finding it difficult to
trace papers where these spreading functions have been developed, tested
etc. Also, is it possible to obtain details on work carried out by the
ITU in the lead up to the official standardisation of PEAQ (study groups
etc)?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help me, please feel free to
email me if my email is a little vague.

Kind Regards,
Dermot Campbell,
PhD Student NUIG Ireland

information intended for a specific individual and purpose.  If you
are not the intended recipient, delete this message.  If you are
not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or
taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.