equal auditory steps along F1/F2

Dear List members,

I am designing an experiment and I need to synthesize an array of vowels separated by equal perceptual magnitudes. That is to say, I need vowels that sample the acoustic vowel space in equal auditory steps along the continua F1 and F2.
Furthermore, I would like to justify such a magnitude, instead of just doing a Hz to ERB/MEL/Bark etc. conversion, for instance.
I would appreciate any comment and suggestions about the relevant literature.

Best regards,
Heriberto

'Life is short but wide'

Heriberto Avelino Ph. D.