Date:    Tue, 30 May 2006 15:45:39 -0400
From:    Monita Chatterjee <mchatterjee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: speech materials in Indian languages

Dear List,

I am interested in obtaining recorded speech materials in various
Indian languages [vowels, consonants, sentences, anything]. I know there
are some databases for Hindi, Tamil, etc. but I don't know where to
look! ..I'd appreciate a few pointers to help me get started.

M Chatterjee, Ph.D.
Asst Professor, Hearing and Speech Sciences
0100 LeFrak Hall
University of Maryland, College Park
College Park, MD 20742
(301) 405 7716

Stand on the shoulders of giants

Ajith Kumar Uppunda
Post doctoral fellow,
Department of communication sciences and disorders,
Speech research laboratory,
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, 60208.
Ph: 847 491 2430
Email  a-uppunda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx