Dear Monita and List,
1) You can get hindi corpus (words, sentences )
Its available I think in CDs and it costs 100 INR but i am not sure.
2) You can contact Prof. Hema A Murthy of IIT Chennai. She works in speech processing, synthesis and recognition. Her e-mail is hema@
I know she has a huge recorded corpus of Tamil but you need to contact personally.
3) Kannada corpus is available from All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore. I think its 2000 INR but I am not sure. You can contact Prof Savitri, who works in Speech science lab.
4) Another source is central Institute for Indian languages. There are 6-7 these institutes in India each dealing with specific Indian languages.
5) Resource Center for Indian Language Technology Solutions Indian Institute of Technology Bombay also may be of some help.