wrote: -----

To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Robert Zatorre <robert.zatorre@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception
<AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/17/2006 01:10PM
Subject: auditory environmental ID test

Dear list

A colleague of mine is looking for a multiple-choice auditory
environmental identification/recognition test. Does anyone know if such
a test already exists? The idea would be quite simple: subjects hear a
target sound, and have to choose from a list of, say 4 items, what might
have made the sound. I suspect many people may have created versions of
something like this, but I don't know if anyone has published a formal
version of it, with norms, etc.

If anyone knows of anything like that, please let me know.

Many thanks

Robert
--

Robert J. Zatorre, Ph.D.