normalization

Dear list,

Could anybody explain to me how to normalize the data from a wave file to 60-70dB in Matlab, with amplitude value 1 correspond to 30dB? To make the question clear, I have some sample wave files, I use wavread in Matlab to read in the data, the data will be between -1~1. Then I want to do amplitude normalization on the data as described above in order to make the data suitable for Meddis Model(Which is non-linear) to process.

Thanks.

Shen Ke