Re: normalization

Dear Shen

I think you are looking for the function Pascalize
http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/software/HUTear/HUTear2/HUTear/Pascalize.m

from the HUTear Matlab Toolbox
http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/software/HUTear/

You just need to edit it so that it uses the line

 b=10^(-1.5); 30 dB rule

and the you should be fine.

:) stefan

--
Dipl.-Math./Inf. MSc Stefan Strahl
University of Oldenburg

shenke wrote:
Dear list,
Could anybody explain to me how to normalize the data from a wave file to 60-70dB in Matlab, with amplitude value 1 correspond to 30dB? To make the question clear, I have some sample wave files, I use wavread in Matlab to read in the data, the data will be between -1~1. Then I want to do amplitude normalization on the data as described above in order to make the data suitable for Meddis Model(Which is non-linear) to process.
Thanks.
Shen Ke