Re: sometimes behave so strangely

Cage wrote "All I am doing is directing attention to the sounds of the
environment". But I am not sure if that is what I want to do in the
week before December 25th.

Benedikt

On 12/18/06, Brian Gygi <bgygi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Peter Lennox wrote:
> Ah! but does the looping (of Cage's piece) evince the perception of musicality? - if so, how many repetitions?
> regards
> ppl

Peter (and all)

Since Cage intended 4'33" to make listeners aware of the sounds
occurring in everyday life, in a certain sense 4'33" is always playing,
no matter where we are or what we are doing.  So it is on infinite
loop!  Hear the musicality?