Date:    Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:49:12 +0100
From:    Michael Büchler
Subject: Musical vs everyday listening --- an illustrative example

Dear list members

The quote from John Cage reminds me to a little movie clip I have seen recently. It shows illustratively how the sound (or noise) of everyday objects may be transformed into a musical experience.

Here is a link to "Music for One Apartment and Six Drummers":
http://www.atomfilms.com/film/six_drummers.jsp

Michael Buechler

University Hospital Zurich
Experimental Audiology
Zurich, Switzerland

 Kevin Austin wrote:

 > There is the anecdotal (?) John Cage quote: "Music is all around us,
if we only had ears, we wouldn't need concert halls.