Re: ERP source localization

Hello all:

I know the list is getting a fair number of conference announcements, and I am reluctant to add to it, but I thought some of you attending the Cognitive Neuroscience Society conference in New York City next month might be interested in this preconference workshop. We will be discussing methods for analyzing electrophysiological or magnetic data recorded in humans to make inferences about (1) the brain locations that account for the measured signals, (2) the estimation of time-varying activity at selected brain regions, and (3) the functional connectivity between brain regions. While the focus is on addressing applications potentially relevant for neurocognitive rehabilitation, the content will be highly relevant to anyone interested in recent advances in source localization of brain electrical responses. The ERP work that Allen Osman and I will discuss, for example, concerns the analysis of steady-state evoked potentials to complex sounds (FM).

No cost for registration, but please register soon. For registration info, please contact MECZERNI@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Gerry

Gerry A. Stefanatos, D.Phil.,
Director, Cognitive Neurophysiology Laboratory
Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute,
Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Announcing a Satellite Symposia for the 2007 Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Neuroscience Society

An Introduction to ERP Source Localization and its Application to Research on Neural Recovery and Rehabilitation

When:   Saturday, May 5, 2007, 1:00 PM-4:30 PM,
Where:  Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers, New York
Registration fee: None, but you must register, preferably ASAP) See details below.

Description
Event-related potentials (ERPs) constitute a millisecond-by-millisecond record of neural information processing that can be linked to underlying cortical sources in the human brain.  In this workshop, we provide an overview of methods used to locate these sources and to specify their functional connectivity.  We then consider how these methods can help elucidate cognitive sequelae of brain damage and review special issues arising in connection with neurologically compromised individuals. Recent studies will be presented that utilize ERPs to explore changes in neural network function that may reflect functional recovery and the effects of neuro-cognitive rehabilitation.

Presenters:

Richard E. Greenblatt, Ph.D.,
Source Signal Imaging, San Diego, California.

Gerry A. Stefanatos, D.Phil.,
Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute,
Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Allen Osman, Ph.D.,
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Friedemann Pulvermuller, Dr. phil., Dr. rer. Soz.,
Medical Research Council (MRC), Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Cambridge, UK.

Yury Shtyrov, Ph.D.,
MRC, Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Cambridge, UK.

Support:
This work is supported by NICHD grant 5R24HD050836-02, "Research Methods for Cognitive Rehabilitation" to Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute, Albert Einstein Healthcare Network

This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange for return or destruction of these documents.