Re: advice on equipment (headphones, microphones, sound cards)

Dear Maria,

I agree with Pawel's thoughts on the SBs for auditory experiments.

I would throw in the MOTU ultralite (connects via firewire, more
pricey, but a very  nice external sound card) to your list. Also while
you are at it, you may consider getting a simple mixer/amplifier such
as the behringer xenyx 802. It will save you time if you ever wanted
to present loud stimuli.

I like the Sennheiser 280 as well as the Shure SM-93, but remember
that that frequency response of the SM-93 is upto 10KHz. The AT803B
does have a more extended response, but I have seen it be flaky
sometimes.

Also, if you really wanted, you could run the SM-93 upto into the
scanner through a patch panel with some minor modifications (the
connectors need to be modified). But, please don't take it's inline
preamp into the scanner room. That should sit right oustide the patch
panel.

Cheers,

Satra

--