Re: Delay of the active cochlea

Hi Tamás,

You have two approaches with respect to active delay :
1] Travelling wave delay ... I am not sure where to find accurate delay
measurements for the travelling wave point of view ... a good
theoretical treatment follows from Shera's work [1] for example. I am
sure in that paper you will find references to measurements...

2] Electrical delay measurements ... Wilson gives some detail about this
issue [2].

The travelling wave active models assume as much as 12 cycles of delay -
perhaps more ?

I am going to submit my PhD thesis in the next few months ... it will
delve more into the physiological mechanisms of activity.... stay tuned!

Matt

[1] @ARTICLE{shera:2005,
  author = {Shera, C.A. and Tubis, A. and Talmadge, C.L.},
  title = {{Coherent reflection in a two-dimensional cochlea: Short-wave
versus
	long-wave scattering in the generation of reflection-source
otoacoustic
	emissions}},
  journal = {The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America},
  year = {2005},
  volume = {118},
  pages = {287},
  publisher = {ASA}
}

[2] @ARTICLE{wilson:1980,
  author = {Wilson, JP},
  title = {{Model for cochlear echoes and tinnitus based on an observed
electrical
	correlate.}},
  journal = {Hearing Research},
  year = {1980},